Friday, June 24, 2011

Missing The Vein

(Also check out my whole page on missing the vein )

 Yesterday when I was shooting, I guess I accidentally moved the needle before I was done injecting.  Consequentially I ended up "missing" part of the shot.  For anyone who's not familiar, missing is when you're shooting up and you push down on the plunger to inject and discover that the needle isn't all the way in the vein.  (Or in my case my hand moved a little so the needle came out while I was injecting.)  This can hurt a lot (burns like hell!) and also results in a weird lump at the injection site and sometimes can be accompanied with swelling.
   Luckily, I only fell out of the vein at the end of my shot, so I didn't miss the whole thing.  Since I've been on this sort of picture taking kick lately I took a couple of pictures:

 (Click on either picture to see larger version)

Meth Injection - Small Bump From Missing My Vein




Meth Injection - Partially Missed Vein And An Old Scar


If I would've missed the whole shot it would've been a lot bigger lump and my arm might have even swelled up a little.  I know in these pictures my forearm LOOKS like it's sort of swollen, but it's actually not.  For some reason my webcam sort of does this fish eye thing when I put something too close to it.  But anyway I'm always really careful about pushing down slowly on the plunger of the syringe when I'm injecting.  That way if I'm missing I'll feel a littel burning right away and won't end up doing the whole thing.  Ok, that's all for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, its me again. OUCH! I know your pain. Lately I havent been doing as well as i should. I hate this shit though. Isn't it amazing how you can love something so much you can hate it? I'm slightly tired of writing back and forth to you in comments. LOL. Fuck it. Email me. princessaddiction1031@yahoo.com Yes, i so just made a new email. Anyways, I hope to hear from you :) Gosh im bored. Its 530am. Ahh, Email me! Much love :)

-princessaddiction1031

-princessaddiction1031 said...

Also, Check out my new posts. i got some funny pics on their. You're welcome to steal them. also, i mentioned your blog in a post of mine, put the url and everything. i post mine on muy facebook and stuff, so maybe ull get those readers you want! im addicted to ur blog. lol. much love!

-princessaddiction1031

Anonymous said...

Missed the vein today in my right hand and ended up with a large bump. Held a hot compress on it for about ten minutes and the swelling decreased significantly. Fucking sucks though when you end up wasting your entire hit and barely get anything.

Followers